Tuesday, November 16, 2010

16 months Post ACL Reconstruction: Rock n Roll San Antonio Marathon

Well I managed to set a Post ACL Reconstruction PR.  It's still 30+ min slower than what I ran before my ACL surgery, but I am encouraged by the fact that I'm improving.  For the early parts of the race I was running 8:30 min /miles.  I slowed down a little after the 13 mile mark, and then more at about mile 19.  I think with more mileage I should be able to build up my Cardio and Musculoskeletal systems to maintain my race pace for the entire 26.2 miles.  I like running in San Antonio.  The weather is nice and cool.  The people are friendly.  I was sore yesterday, but today I'm back at work and feeling good.  I'll get a massage today and start preparing for Rock N Roll Las Vegas Marathon in 3 weeks.
I will pick up my bike today from the shop.  After an entire Ironman season, my bike needed major work.  It should be good as new since I'm replacing the chain, gears, cables, etc...
I will also attend my first Ironteam swim practice of this new season.  Can't wait to meet old friends and new teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment