Thursday, February 4, 2016

Back to Blogging and Exciting Ironman News: IM Kona 2016



Dear friends,

After 15 Full Ironman Triathlons, I have finally been selected to compete in the Ironman World Championships in Kona on October 8, 2016.  It has been a long journey since my first Ironman in Louisville in 2010.  I was too busy with life and with Ironman training and racing to keep up with my blog.  Let me summarize by saying that I have continued to train with Ironteam while fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I have raised over $25,000 in that span.  I will start up a new season with Ironteam this weekend as I start training for IM Kona.  I hope to be more diligent with my blog and with my swim workouts.  I am a faster cyclist and runner, but still need to work on my swim.


My previous blog outlined my recovery from ACL Reconstruction and provided race reports after each of my major marathons / Ironman triathlons.  This new version will be more focused on the life of an age grouper balancing work, family, and Ironman training.  I hope you find this interesting.

As for my knee almost 7 years s/p ACL reconstruction, its doing great.  I run faster than before my injury and 99% of the time, my knee feels solid and I don't even think about it.  However that 1% of the time, I will have a mis-step and feel a strange twinge and there is that slight instability.  Fortunately, I have not had any falls, but I have had a few close calls during these episodes.  Occasionally after long runs and marathons, my operated knee will feel more swollen and more sore.  That's where ice wraps and muscle stimulation comes in.  More on that in a future post.  Until then, Run Happy!

Alexander "Neomedic"
Marathon Maniac #886


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more, Dr. Chin. Thank you for sharing. Go Team!! - Bianca Nickols

    ReplyDelete