Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 Weeks Post ACL Surgery

Well today is 6 weeks post ACL Reconstruction. I've been busy at work the last 2 weeks, catching up on a lot of admin stuff. Taking care of patients with a leg brace and a crutch has been a challenge as well. Hopefully I didn't freak out my patients. Many asked what happened to me. "Well I tore my ACL skiing, then last month I had surgery..."

The good news is that week by week I'm getting stronger. I finally got rid of the crutch and now I'm concentrating on walking "normally". I still have the leg brace and its bulky. I hope I can get rid of it and go to something less cumbersome soon. I'm also riding the stationary bike for an hour, 5 days a week. The other 2 days, I'm usually too lazy to go to the gym. Life is certainly different than before my injury when I was working out twice a day: swimming, biking, running... Ah, the "Good Ol' Days".

I'm looking forward to attending my former Ironteammates: Carlos and French Marie's Victory Party this Saturday. I hope to see my friends Louis and Edmund there. After training with them for 5 months from Nov to March, then again intermittently from May to June, I feel like they're related to me like distant cousins or something like that.

1 comment: