Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Missing Vineman

Yesterday was the day I was supposed to become an Ironman at the Vineman Triathlon. Instead of swimming 2.4miles, biking 112 miles, and running 26.2 miles, I spent the day riding a stationary bike for 1 hour and following my Ironteammates on the internet as they competed. It was a bittersweet day. I felt happy and proud of my teammates, but I was sad that I wasn't a part of this wonderful experience. I'm determined more than ever to compete next year at Vineman.

My recovery from ACL surgery is coming along slowly. Due to my meniscus injury I was on crutches for the last month. The last few days I finally advanced to walking with only 1 crutch for support. I also finally started biking. The last couple days, I rode a stationary bike for an hour. Afterwards my knee is a little sore, but tolerable. The swelling in my knee is pretty much resolved. My knee is a little stiff in the mornings and I get a little tired at night. I'm looking forwards to walking normally in the near future. Running is still a few months away.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your injury :-(. Hang in there -- cheers to a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year dude!!! I still owe you lunch or dinner! I am going to do another Ironman. I am not sure if I will do Vineman

    ReplyDelete