Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weeks 10 and 11 Post ACL Reconstruction

Well, lots of progress, with a few setbacks. PT is going well. My therapist helped me get that last few degrees of flexion. So for the first time since my injury in April, I can actually kneel down completely on my knees now. While standing, I can lift my leg back and put the heel to the butt. Extension is pretty close to my "normal", just a slight difference. My quads are strong and muscle tone is coming back. My calf is coming back. However my hamstrings are still pretty meager. I need to work on my lunges with the elastic band and perhaps more work on the elliptical targeting the hammies. My therapist also wants me to start working on agility and she has me jumping side to side, from one leg to the other and back.
In terms of marathon training. I did a 16 miler ( walk, fast-walk). That went fine. Then a few days later, I tweaked my knee going downhill ( walking) during a 7 miler. I have slight anterior knee pain. I've been resting the last couple days. Perhaps I'll spend more time on the elliptical and in the pool this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment