Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rose Bowl Bike and Run

A great Ironteam workout at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena yesterday.  We had a bike flat tire changing session followed by numerous loops around the Rose Bowl.  We probably biked for about 90 minutes.  Afterwards I ran one loop around the Rose Bowl about 3 miles.  My legs felt heavy and lethargic initially.  It got a little better as I continued on with my run. 

After the workout, our Team met at a pizza shop for a teammate's fundraiser.  Donations were collected at the door and 15% of our bill was donated to the LLS as well.  There was even a raffle held as well.  I won a couple water bottles.  We gathered around the big screen TVs and watched the 2009 Vineman Tri that many of my teammates and mentors participated in.  Then we watched the 2009 Kona Ironman World Championships.  It was quite emotional to see our honored Teammate Kyle miss the swim cutoff by 7 seconds.  His 2009 Ironman dreams ended there.  But he will be back next year!

By the time I got home later that afternoon, I was tired.  I watched some college football bowl games, had dinner, and went to bed.  Now is another 24 at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment