Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hail to the Chief

Busy week at work. In addition to two 24 hr shifts this week, I am also the acting chief of the department at the hospital while the chief is on vacation for the next couple weeks. I just started as Assistant Chief last month. So I'm still learning on the job. I have to attend and sometimes lead administrative meetings, chief's meetings, departmental meetings, and various other committee meetings. I have to deal with issues that arise within the department and deal with complaints from other departments. To top it off our scheduler is on vacation for the next couple weeks, and I've got people asking to make major changes to the schedule.
Trying to squeeze in Ironman training to this workload is tough. I've been good with getting in the cycling and the running. However, I have not made it to the pool yet this week and I have a coached session tomorrow night. Perhaps I'll get in some drills tomorrow morning after my 24 hr shift. I hope my swimming is not too bad, or too slow.

2 comments:

  1. Is the chief position anything like what they show on 'Gray's Anatomy' or 'House'? You're probably too busy to watch these shows.

    Will your team be going down to train at Wildflower 3/20-3/22?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm usually too busy to watch those shows. When I do watch TV, I like to watch sports or some other mindless shows. I do like Cold Case however.
    Our LA Ironteam will be there the following weekend; 3/27-29

    ReplyDelete