Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Return from Orange Bowl

I had a great mini-vacation in Miami.  South Beach, Fort Lauderdale great party atmosphere and the beaches are so nice.  The California beaches are OK for people watching and watching the sunset, but the water is just too cold and you got to deal with the waves.  Not so in Florida.  Clear blue waters, warm ( no wetsuit necessary).  I could actually see the bottom.  I had a nice 1 mile swim along the beaches of Fort Lauderdale.
I tried to keep up with my training and I hit the gym for running and I even took a spin class.  Also got a nice massage at Massage Envy to relax the sore muscles.

As for the Orange Bowl, I couldn't have been happier.  Stanford won 40-12.  Cardinal defense played great...8 sacks and a big interception.  The offense led by Andrew Luck was spectacular in the second half.  The energy in the crowd was great.  Stanford gets Luck back next year, although Coach Harbaugh left for the 49ers.  Well I'm a 49er fan, so that's OK.  Can't wait for Stanford Football to start again in the fall.

Well I'm tapering for RnR Arizona this Sunday, but since I'm also an Ironman in training, I still need to keep up with the workouts for that.  I've been bad with getting the swim sessions in, but after Arizona, I'm done with the marathons and I'll focus on my Ironman triathlon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment