Tuesday, April 6, 2010

9 months Post ACL Reconstruction--- 3:2 brick

9 months later and my knee is holding up fine.  I don't wear the brace anymore when running.  This past Saturday our Ironteam was up in Malibu at Zuma beach for a 3 hour bike : 2 hour run workout.  Oh what fun.  Especially compared to the "toughest" workout ever the weekend before. 
Malibu is gorgeous.  The ride was a picture perfect one.  I felt like I was in a postcard or a commercial for the Southern California Tourism Office.  I even saw a group of dolphins.  I had the song "California Dreaming" running around in my head.
What was better than the ride was the run on the beach.  Yes, I spent most of the 2 hour run on sand.  I probably ended up running close to 12 miles at very close to my marathon pace.  It was a very encouraging sign.  I wear compression socks to help with combating fatigue and aid in post workout recovery.  I think it helps. 
During the run I ran past a wedding ceremony on the beach, surfers, paddle boarders, families, teenagers on spring break, walkers with their dogs, and fishing boats.  However I think I was the only one actually running on the beach!  I must have made quite a sight running like I was racing or like someone was chasing me.
Now is a week of Spring Break.  I will update soon with a report on my Spring Break and reflect back on the upcoming 1 year anniversary of tearing my ACL and MCL.

No comments:

Post a Comment