Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brotherly Love

The long and arduous task of becoming an Ironman requires the love and support of family and friends. First off I want to thank everyone who has already supported my fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Your support gives me the encouragement I need to deal with the 2 a day and 3 a day workouts, 6 days a week. Your support will hopefully help find a cure and treatment for some of these diseases within our lifetime.
Now I want to give special props to my biggest donor and supporter, my brother and sister. As the older brother, I tried to set a good example for my siblings. In some ways, I have succeeded; in other ways, I may have failed. But their unwavering love through the good and the bad has meant so much to me.
This is an excerpt from a recent email from my brother who lives and works in Singapore.

"Hey Alex,
Wow, that's unbelievable! I'm really proud of you. I've been telling everyone that my brother is going to do the Ironman but as far as I can remember he can't swim."

Without support there is no way a non-swimmer can compete in an Ironman Triathlon. But with love and support all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment