Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Swimming S**KS

No, I don't wear socks when I'm swimming. That's what my coach said about my swim session yesterday. He said it in a nice way, so I guess its OK. Basically, I'm still struggling with the swim. My head is up too high. I tend to struggle through the water. Coach told me that with my long torso, I should be a good swimmer. I just need to glide. Hopefully I will learn to glide soon. Right now it feels like I'm increasing the number of strokes to try to keep up with my teammates in the lane. This approach is not working. I'm still getting lapped. We had two 10 min swim sessions last night. I managed to cover only 400 yards in that time. I'm pretty sure my lane mates covered 500+ since I got lapped by them twice.
My only consolation is that I will improve between now and August 1st ( Vineman Ironman Distance Triathlon), and even if I give up 30 minutes to them on the swim, I can easily make that up during the 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run. The run is my strongest element, and I'm also pretty strong on the bike especially in the hills. So I'll keep chugging along, and hopefully not chug down too much pool water.

1 comment: