Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post Marathon Recovery

It's back to Ironteam training. I swam and biked on Monday. My legs were sore, and I had a hard time walking. On Tuesday, I ran and also swam. My run was at easy long run pace; my legs were still sore and I could not go faster even if I wanted to. Swimming felt good, and I'm getting a little faster. 1 km in a little over 22 minutes. I still have a long ways to go in terms of being a more efficient swimmer. Wednesday, I biked for 90 minutes, keeping a cadence of 90 rpm. Again the bike felt good. My legs are starting to return to normal. Today, I'm working an unplanned 24 hr shift at the hospital, covering for a sick colleague. So I'll try to get my scheduled Thursday workout in tomorrow. ( run and swim) I have a 3 hour bike ride with my Ironteam scheduled for Saturday. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment