Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pain in the Butt

My Ironteam had a 2.5 hr bike ride at Westlake Village yesterday morning.  Beautiful scenery.  Reminded me of Northern California.  I use to ride my Mountain Bike in SF, East Bay, Marin, Sonoma, and Napa.  I could go on 5 or 6 hour rides.  Of course when I was tired, I would take a break off the bike.  I'm not quite use to riding continuously for more than 2 hours without getting off the bike.  I notice yesterday my butt was really sore.  Standing while pedaling helped relieve some of the pressure.  But after a while the pain in the butt returned.  I am hoping that with training my Gluts will get accustomed to it.  Perhaps I might develop some muscles back there.  Otherwise I might have to try a different seat, perhaps one with thicker cushioning.
 I really enjoy riding my Cervelo S1.  Its the best bike ( and most expensive bike) I've ever had.  I averaged almost 16mph on the course which consisted of rolling hills with a few steep climbs.  My top speed was almost 39mph during the descent.  I'm hoping these times will improve as I get accustomed to road cycling.  
Well afterwards I was tired.  I felt like I had run a half marathon.  I ate, took a nap, and watched some NFL playoff action.  I also ended up taking a couple Advils for my pain in the butt!
I felt better this morning and ran a hilly 9 miles in Palos Verdes.  I have a swim workout planned for this evening.  More about running and swimming in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment